Molten Ventures, a leading European venture capital company investing and developing visionary tech companies, has visited the Nasdaq market site in Times Square to celebrate its first portfolio day in the US. Its Chief Portfolio Officer rang the opening bell.
Molten Ventures was founded in 2006 as Esprit Capital. Five years after it first listed its shares on AIM and ESM, Molten Ventures became listed on the London Stock Exchange in July 2021. They have led several seed and series fundings in European tech businesses. Its most recent investment is the $26 million series C funding in FocalPoint, a deep tech company providing next-generation positioning solutions for mobiles, wearables, and vehicles.
At the event, each portfolio company had its name in lights in Times Square, featured prominently on the iconic Nasdaq Tower. These companies learned about technology trends in Europe and shared views and experiences.
In attendance were Stuart Chapman -Chief Portfolio Officer, Martin Davis, CEO of Molten Ventures, and CEOs of Molten Ventures portfolio companies, including:
- Riverlane, a quantum computing company, received $20 million in Series A funding in January 2021. This fund was to help them build Deltaflow, an operating system for quantum computers.
- Altruistiq, a SaaS platform, received $17 million in seed funding in July 2022.
- Cervest, the world’s first AI-powered climate intelligence platform, received $30 million series A funding in May 2021.
- Airbank, a finance management platform, received $20 million in a Series A funding round in June 2022.
- AGORA, a beauty influencing platform, received $5 million in Seed round funding in 2020.