D-Wave Systems Inc., one of the leaders in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems and software, today announced that DPCM Capital Inc. has filed with the SEC a registration statement on form S-4 regarding their proposed business combination.
The registration statement contains information about D-Wave, and lead-in statements and prospectus in connection with the transaction. It also contains information on the unique value offered by D-Wave to its customers as the only company with:
- More than two dozen Forbes Global 2000 customers, representing a doubling of the number in 2020 with the year-over-year growth driven primarily in the financial services, manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals sectors
- A highly diversified customer base with Quantum Computing as a Service (QCaaS) from commercial customers representing 68% of 2021 total revenue
- Annealing quantum technology necessary to solve commercial combinatorial optimization problems that is estimated to represent approximately 25% of the quantum total available market (TAM)
- Fifteen plus years of developing and building annealing quantum computers, uniquely enabling D-Wave to address today’s optimization portion of the quantum market for applications in important-use cases such as employee scheduling, last-mile vehicle routing, manufacturing-plant floor optimization, supply chain optimization and many others
- A powerful combination of both professional services and quantum computing as a service (QCaaS) to aid in the development and deployment of hybrid quantum business applications
- Demonstrated application speed-ups on important real-world problems
- A dual-product approach to building both annealing and gate-model quantum computers enabling D-Wave to address the full quantum market
- Developed and introduced 5 generations of increasingly powerful quantum computing systems
- A track record of operational and commercial experience running a quantum computing business at scale
- An intent to continue to build on the more than 200 US patents that have been granted to D-Wave since its founding in 1999
The transaction will be completed by 2022 and will be subject to the registration statement being declared effective by SEC, the approval of the Transaction by DPCM Capital’s stockholders and D-Wave’s shareholders, respectively; and other customary closing conditions.
On completion of the transaction, shares of D-Wave quantum stock (a new parent company of D-Wave and DPCM Capital) will be traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbols “QBTS” and “QBTS.WS”, respectively.
D-Wave is the leader in the development and delivery of quantum computing systems, software and services and is a commercial supplier of quantum computers. D-Wave’s mission is to integrate new discoveries in physics, engineering, manufacturing, and computer science into breakthrough approaches to computation. The company’s systems are being used by some of the world’s most advanced organizations.
DPCM Capital, Inc. is a special purpose acquisition company led by Chairman and CEO Emil Michael, formed for the purpose of effecting a merger, capital stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization, or similar business in combination with one or more businesses.
Quantum Zeitgeist does not provide personal investment or financial advice to individuals or any entity, or act as personal financial, legal, or institutional investment advisors, or individually advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment or the use of any particular financial strategy. All investment strategies include the risk of loss for some or even all of your capital. Before pursuing any financial strategies discussed or relying on information within this website, you should always consult with a licensed financial advisor. Any analysis we provide is for informational purposes only and does not take into consideration your circumstances or other factors that may be important in making decisions. It should not be considered an individualized recommendation or personalized investment advice. Any investment vehicles, stocks, securities mentioned may not be suitable for all investors.