The latest release of PennyLane is now out and available for general release. The popular framework from Canadian Quantum Computing Company Xanadu is a framework that allows users to quickly get to grips with QML or Quantum Machine Learning. Version 0.20 comes with many new additions, including a new graphical circuit drawer, new quantum-aware optimizers, faster performance, smarter circuit decompositions, general hardware gradient support.
Here are some of the new features and changes.
- Shiny new circuit drawer!
- New and improved quantum-aware optimizers
- Perform gradient descent on the special unitary group
- Improved quantum natural gradient support
- Characterize your quantum models with classical QNode reconstruction
- Faster performance with optimized quantum workflows
- Batch execute quantum circuits
- 𝑛nth order derivatives on hardware
- Smarter circuit decomposition strategies
- Support for TensorFlow AutoGraph mode with quantum hardware
- Hardware gradients of arbitrary operations
- Define device-specific custom decompositions
Check out version 0.20 of PennyLane.