Riverlane builds ground-breaking software to unleash the power of quantum computers. Backed by leading venture-capital funds and the University of Cambridge, we develop software that transforms quantum computers from experimental technology into commercial products.
You will join our cross-disciplinary team of software developers, mathematicians, quantum information theorists, computational chemists and physicists – all world experts in their fields. Our collaborative, close-knit team has a track record of delivering high-quality R&D across the full quantum stack. As a growing company, you will have the freedom to think independently and creatively, as well as contribute to Riverlane’s business development.
We offer a competitive salary, private medical insurance, health cash plan, life assurance, equity options, and relocation costs.
We review CV’s as we receive them, and interview as soon as we have applications that look like a good match (usually within one week). We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role. We advertised this role on 7th June 2021.
About the role
Are you a talented writer with a gift for translating complex technical concepts into clear and digestible language for business, investor and technical audiences?
Does the opportunity to play a crucial role in a leading technology company at the cutting edge of scientific discovery fire you up?
As our Lead Technical & Scientific Writer, you will play a crucial role in telling our story to different key audiences in a variety of formats, including:
● Articles for technical and business press
● Style and product guides
● Customer and prospect communications
● Product marketing, web and campaign assets
● Slide decks for industry and investor events
● Blog posts
● Video and multimedia assets
As the first key hire in our new Marketing function, you’ll have the autonomy to build our capability from the group up and think creatively and independently.
What you will do
● Collaborate with Product and Engineering colleagues to build deep understanding of our products and technology
● Produce excellent written output in a variety of formats – as per the list above – in a way that is engaging and easily understood by each audience
● Write narrative and core messaging by audience
● Develop and maintain Riverlane’s style guide, glossary of terms and fact packs
● Publish templates for written documentation produced by others (product guides, RFP responses, decks, blogs, etc.) to ensure consistent Riverlane language, look and feel
● Act as peer editor for all written materials that we ship to ensure consistency and clarity
● Assist in planning, scheduling and tracking written work to meet product release dates and milestone announcements
● Gain user feedback and monitor metrics on the usage, reach, understanding and effectiveness of written materials to aid continuous improvement.
What we need
· Proven success in previous scientific, technical or copywriting role
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field or English, or equivalent experience in communications or journalism
· Excellent writing, editing and communication skills in English
· Demonstrable ability to grasp complex technical concepts and express them in clear, written and visual language, using both formal and more casual tones as required
· High level of data literacy
· Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
· Startup personality: smart, ethical, can-do, driven and proactive
· Strong portfolio of work and/or writing examples
Even better if…
· Further languages desirable, but not essential
How to apply
Please upload a CV and covering letter here. Your covering letter should explain why you are applying for the job and what skills and experience you can bring to the role.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.
Everyone is welcome at Riverlane. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from eligible and suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity/paternity.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
To apply for this job please visit www.riverlane.com.